Three months have passed since Red has gone public. It seems short, but a lot happened since then and I wanted to sum up the work accomplished for the people interested in Red that don't have the time to follow the progress daily on every channel.
Main new features
- New datatypes: byte!, logic!, pointer!
- Linux port (thanks to Andreas Bolka)
- Syllable port (thanks to Andreas and Kaj)
- MacOS X port in progress
- 0MQ library support (Kaj de Vos)
- Quick-Test framework (Peter WA Wood)
- 3 contributors on Github, 22 followers
- 65 issues opened on Github, 53 closed (thanks to Rudolf Meijer)
- 8 blog posts, 10'000+ page views
- #red_lang: 130 tweets, 39 followers
- Mailing-list: 32 members, 45 topics, 150 posts
- IRC: 5 people permanently logged
Last but not least, we got an article on OSNews two days ago that boosted the page views on red-lang.org (+3'000) and Github's repo (+1'000).
Thanks for all people supporting Red, one way or another. This is a very good start and a big incentive for me to work even harder on the next steps.